Sunday, June 6, 2010

Resolution: Early to Bed

I am a night person. Left to my own devices, I'd go to bed after midnight every night and sleep until ten o'clock each morning.

At least I think I would. Because I've had school-age children for the past fifteen years and because I've been working at an office for the past five years, I've not recently had the luxury of that option. Most weekday mornings I'm up between 6 and 7.

I still like to stay up late. And that means that I'm often sleep-deprived.

For (at least) the next several weeks, I'm going to resolve to get ready for bed by 10 o'clock each night. While I'll likely not be asleep before 11, especially since I like to read in bed, I'm hoping that by getting to bed earlier, I'll be less fatigued and more able to cope with the stresses of wrapping up my current work situation by June 30 and having some remodeling done on our house this month.

Since it's now past 10 o'clock, I guess I'd better get logged off the computer and head to bed!