Friday, July 18, 2014

Three Gifts Musical

  • Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream. (Over the past sixteen or seventeen years, I've seen numerous productions of this musical based on the Biblical story of Joseph, found in the Book of Genesis - and I've loved them all. My favorite song is "Close Every Door.")

  • The Sound of Music and Fiddler on the Roof. (I have memories of watching the film versions of both these musicals with my parents when I was a child - and the feelings they invoked have been part of my life ever since. More recently I saw stage productions of these musicals and fell in love with them all over again.)

  • The Secret Garden. (The classic novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett upon which this musical is based was one of my childhood favorites. After I first saw a production of musical, I had to buy the soundtrack - with Mandy Patinkin as Archibald Craven - because I loved the music so very much. I've since seen another production, which I also loved. My favorite song is "Wick." By the way, I've seen Mandy Patinkin in concert since then too - which was awesome!)

#1000Gifts #JoyDare

(Click here for more information.)