Monday, October 30, 2017

Physical Wholeness (Part One)

Early this year I had an appointment with my primary medical care provider at which we discussed surgical solutions to two on-going physical difficulties. Leaving that discussion with concrete plans to address these problems, I had an overwhelming sense of healing — even though nothing had yet been done.

I ended up having the first surgery in early March, despite my pressing workload at the office. The surgery itself could not have proceeded any better, with me leaving work a few hours early one day and returning to work less than twenty-four hours later with nearly no pain. The results, while not perfect, have made a profound positive difference in my life over the past eight months. I'm definitely more "whole" because of the procedure!

I am scheduled for the second of the surgeries on Thursday, November 16. I am hopeful that this procedure will also bring greater "wholeness" to my life. I'm planning to take at least two days off work, with up to three more tentatively reserved as sick days. Since those days will be followed by the Thanksgiving holiday, I have up to ten days available for healing before returning to work. According to the surgeon, complete recovery will take until around the New Year, but I'm looking forward to being more physically whole in 2018!