Monday, October 12, 2015

"I Stand All Amazed"

To marvel at the wonders of the gospel is a sign of faith. It is to recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives
and in everything around us.

- Gérald Caussé


At church yesterday, we sang one of my favorite hymns. Written in 1905, with both music and lyrics by Charles H. Gabriel, "I Stand All Amazed" summarizes perfectly the "good news" of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me;
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine;
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of His side, pierced and bleeding to pay the debt,
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no! I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
And testify all my desires He doth fully meet.

O it is wonderful that He should care for me
Enough to die for me!
O it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
It is indeed wonderful to me! I don't ever want to cease discovering or rediscovering the truths of the gospel. I want to always see, feel, and marvel!