Saturday, October 24, 2015

Believing Is Seeing

My husband likes to say, "Believing is seeing."

DeAnne Flynn recently wrote about this inversion of the familiar adage on the blog Multiply Goodness. "People need to believe before they can see," DeAnne wrote. "This could be called faith, visualization, imaging, or any number of similar definitions. I call it the truth."

Yes. Truth.

A week or so ago, Crystal Stine (who happens to be the host of 31 Days) posted a picture on her Instagram account with the following caption:
She believed she could
so she did.

Crystal's post came at just the right time for me. I reposted her picture with the statement: "Some words of encouragement from Crystal Stine that I needed to hear today. Maybe you need to hear them too?"

Repeat after me: I believe. I see. I can.

Reference
Flynn, DeAnne. "Believing Is Seeing." Multiply Goodness, September 28, 2015.